Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 12:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 175
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3D v2.3

Started by Nat Crea, September 04, 2014, 04:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nat Crea

A few weeks old, but P3D is really getting good now.
Countless fixes and improvements.
The general lighting, clouds and shadows are really immersive.
Hopefully one day I can get around to installing three copies and grab some more pictures.

Nat

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2014/08/5408/

XOrionFE

Yes, I agree Nat.  It is very nice right out of the box.   I bought 5 copies and have wideview running ok.   I started trying to get FSGRW running but having some problems getting simmconnect to cooperate.  I have something misconfigured.  I tried ASN but it crashed it so I had to remove.   anyway, still testing but very promising indeed.   Of course I am also still running X-Plane and have been testing the latest 10.30 betas as they come out. 

Always experimenting.... :-)

Best regards,
scott

Nat Crea

I think you are worse than me Scott!

I will have a play with FSGRW soon and let you know how it goes.

Nat

Mink

Hello Scott,
there are 2 possbilitys why you habe problems with simconect.
In very few cases the simconect will not be installed by prepar3d. this can be manualy done. go to the prepar3d forum tt read how the msi.'programm is statted and where located.

Problem with fsgwr bridge. In the fsgwr bridge program you must copy the prepar3d v2.3lib. from the folder in the main bridge folder.

Kresimir,
sorry for my bad english

XOrionFE

Thank you Kresimir,

I will give those items a try tonight. 

Would be nice to get weather functioning. 

Scott

Mink

I have it working in Prepar3d v2.3 and fsgwr in a network envirement.

Be also sure to have the latest fsgwr update and bridge programm. FSUIPC latest version ( 4.936).
do not forget to tell FSGWR main programm that there are more fsgwr bridges programms .

Kresimir

XOrionFE

Could not get simconnect working.  After spending several hours messing around with it i had to give up for the night.

Scott

mickc

Quote from: Nat Crea on September 04, 2014, 04:43:38 PM
A few weeks old, but P3D is really getting good now.
Countless fixes and improvements.
The general lighting, clouds and shadows are really immersive.
Hopefully one day I can get around to installing three copies and grab some more pictures.

Nat

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2014/08/5408/

Looks great!

Which add-on airport is that?

Nat Crea

@Mick...that's FTX YSCB. I just manually ported it over form FSX.

Nat

YMML below :)

Mink

Mink

here another way, if simconects does not work in prepar3d v.2.
it is for solving trackir problems, but it tells how to install the fsx /prepar3d simconnect.

Kresimir

Aus dem AVSIM Forum: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427028-trackir-compatible/

"That's because FSX installs its own SimConnect version. If you install just P3D and TrackIR doesn't work (or for instance the A2A C172 doesn't work) go to:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

and launch the .MSI files in those folders. TrackIR will work instantly. (I always simply install both MSI's but you might try to see what happens if you only install for example the SP2 one.)

Not everyone needs to do this: it depends on your system for some odd reason.

Bonus tip: I always set TrackIR to High priority (in Windows itself): this elmininates minor stutters you might get when you look around with TrackIR. WIth TIR at High P3D 2.2 is totally s"mooth.

In order to do this automatically whenever you start TrackIR, go to the shortcut of TrackIR, rightcklik on it, choose Properties and change the target to this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /high TrackIR5.exe

Works like a charm."

Nat Crea

quid246

I noticed my rate was pretty erratic and dropping to some (relatively low value) in 2.3 over 2.2... but 2.4 seems really smooth, so I'm guessing that's why it came out so quickly.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate