Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 06:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
32 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 728
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Sim Room/6dof Motion Platform Status...

Started by sagrada737, May 27, 2016, 04:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hi Folks,

I thought I would share a report on my B737-800 Sim project status.   I am in the process of building an addition to our New Mexico home that will add about 1,000 sq.ft. for a new Sim Room, with an adjacent sun room/guest room that is about 600 sq.ft.  The Sim room addition also serves as expansion for my machine shop.  The Anchor system is located central within the Sim room and will provide necessary stabilization for the 6dof motion platform project now underway.

The Anchor system weighs approx. 12,000 pounds, with heavy steel weldments set deep within the concrete pour.   The entire anchor system is isolated from the Sim room floor.   The motor/gearbox/actuator systems will be shock mounted to the six anchor locations (shown by the caution tape markings).

I hope to have this construction completed sometime in July this year.  This will allow me to finalize the 6dof motion platform system assemblies, and build the final configuration of the 737 flight deck.   I still plan to use the current 3-projector HD setup providing for a 220 degree display.  Below are a couple of photos of the status.

The Sim is still flying nicely with P3D and Sim-Avionics.   Thanks to FDS for their fine effort on refining Sim-Avionics.

Mike

Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Bob Reed

Hey Mike, looking great! Can't wait to see it working.

Mink

:o
Mike is this an Observatoty in the first picture ?

Kresimir

sagrada737

Hi Mink,

Regarding the dome structure in the Sim Room photo...   Yes, it is an observatory - setup for robotic operation via the Internet.   I do CCD Imaging from this to gather image data from deep space objects, galaxies, star cluster, nebula, etc.  Below is an image taken from this observatory that shows the Andromeda Galaxy M31 - the closest galaxy to our own Milky Way galaxy.

On another note...   For the elevated Sim mounted to the 6dof motion platform, I will use an 12,000 BTU IP-Cooler from Tripp-lite, which will serve to cool the motion platform controller electronics, the Sim computers, and flight deck.

Also, I am now trying to calibrate the Flight Illusions B737 Standby gauge set.   I'm having difficulty with the ALT/Press gauge, and the RMI gauge calibrations.  Anyone using these successfully with either FSX or P3D?   I could use some help.   Below is a photo of the Standby gauges.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

gjha97

Mike,
Excellent progress since I saw you last!

Can't wait to see the next step.

GH

fsaviator

Well since no one else is saying it, I will.
I am extremely jealous that you are able to add a sim room to your house like that, but you also have an observatory built into your home!!!!  that is just too cool.

Maybe you should consider upgrading from a 737 to the starship enterprise then you could see yourself with the observatory??
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

bernard S

maybe trip to TX in order I too have 6 doff platform I assume you are going hydraulic which has its own issues LOL

Trevor Hale

I think I just fell off the chair onto the floor.

WOW!  What more can I say.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Holly S... Mike, you went overboard on this, looking good! hope to see it someday, have a great day.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate