Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 03:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
86 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 56
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 86
Total: 86

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Revolution Simproducts V2.0 Plug & Play Throttle help

Started by Philip, July 16, 2017, 10:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip

Greetings folks,

For those who are using the newest version plug & play v2.0 of the motorized TQ from Revsim, are you using Windows 7 or 10 to run the interface program?

I received the TQ back at the beginning of the year, second hand. Once received, I plugged in the power, usb, and ran the Interface program V2.1.0.4, and it was literally plug & play and worked flawlessly. Auto calibration worked like a charm and so on.
I haven't used it since, as we are in the middle of our build, but upgraded to Windows 10 last month. Now I'm trying to run the same interface program and getting errors when starting it, and its unusable. I have tried with & without compatibility mode for Windows 7, and still the same problem. Per the Manual, I do have .Net 4 installed, and using USB2.0, FS is running and I have a registered copy of FSUIPC.

I was able to get a hold of 2 other interface programs 1.8 & 1.9, but those don't work as well. If I have too, I'll revert back to Windows 7 as the TQ is the heart of the sim. I only upgraded as others didn't seem to have any issues with software, and with better performance using Windows 10.

Any others with the same TQ, I'd appreciate a little guidance. Thank you.

Garys

Hi Philip,

I'm not trying to be a smart arse here, but sometimes with this hobby(Most of the time actually) If it aint broke don't fix it. win 7 and win 10 machines network together flawlessly so I would continue to run the throttle quadrant on the win 7 machine.

Gary

Miguellima8

Hi Philip
Could you please send me all the versions of the interface for me to try, I have a full motorized from QT from REVSIM , my interface is an old version, v1.1, it has a lot of bugs.
I am using Windows 10.

I have being trying to get hold of a newer version, but never managed.

thank you

Miguel

Aztrucker

Hi Phillip

I have the same TQ and if you can also send me your interface versions I will try them on my TQ and let me know if they work

Cheers

Craig

Philip

Quote from: Garys on July 16, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
Hi Philip,

I'm not trying to be a smart arse here, but sometimes with this hobby(Most of the time actually) If it aint broke don't fix it. win 7 and win 10 machines network together flawlessly so I would continue to run the throttle quadrant on the win 7 machine.

Gary

Yes Gary, thanks for the input. If all else failed I would of gone back to Win 7, but finally got an updated version 2.2.0.5 from another member who so kindly sent it my way, and we are good to go now.

Quote from: Miguellima8 on July 27, 2017, 11:25:20 AM
Hi Philip
Could you please send me all the versions of the interface for me to try, I have a full motorized from QT from REVSIM , my interface is an old version, v1.1, it has a lot of bugs.
I am using Windows 10.

I have being trying to get hold of a newer version, but never managed.

thank you

Miguel

Yeppers...sent you the V2.2.0.5

Quote from: Aztrucker on July 29, 2017, 07:06:59 PM
Hi Phillip

I have the same TQ and if you can also send me your interface versions I will try them on my TQ and let me know if they work

Cheers

Craig

Much appreciated...I sent you the newest file I acquired recently, so I am in good shape now. Maybe this is newer than you have, so feel free to try it out.

Thanks!

Lomaric

I know this is an older post but I would appreciate help with the RSP V2.0 TQ as well.  Looking for software and manuals.  Trying to get this setup in Prosim has been an issue for me.

jfuenmayor

Hi

I have a Revsim TQ that I think was one of the last ones they produced. This one
came with three cards, two Motor Cards and one Joystick Card. It needs a SIOC scrip to work. It has worked flawlessly since early 2017. I got it to run with SimAvionics after some tinkering with the script, but then I gave up SA altogether and jumped into ProSim. The SIOC program that works with mine is through a 3.xx version of SIOC. Newer versions will not compile the script, so I have not bothered to upgrade SIOC itself. Like they have already said, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Anyhow, I do have the SIOC script for that model that I modified to make the Park Brake release when pressing the toe brakes to full brake position. and  to have them produce an even and soft motion of both levers with minimal jerking as I have seen some videos on the net do. I believe in the real airplane the park brake release is done mechanically and not through software. If what you have is similar, perhaps I can help you. It is a pity that these units are no longer available. True, they may be a pain to setup but its feel is excellent and those stepper motors work great. The TQ works well with the latest Prosim Version and is directly supported by it. My setup runs the TQ on a different Windows 7 Computer through the network, FSUIPC and Widesever.

Joaquin.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate