Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 08:38:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
32 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 728
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3Dv4 NOT 64bit!

Started by Bob Reed, September 15, 2017, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

64 bit program my....butt.. I just had a crash at 4.05gb of ram used....... Not the computer, P3D v4....... White screen of death!!

Nat Crea

LOL Really?
So the new 64bit DLL's like FSUIPC5 are fake too?  ::)

Nat

Bob Reed

Quote from: Nat Crea on September 15, 2017, 09:28:38 PM
LOL Really?
So the new 64bit DLL's like FSUIPC5 are fake too?  ::)

Nat

Don't be an ass....... They have written a 64 bit wrapper. Oom, white screen of death. You tell me, where have we seen that before.......

Garys

Sorry, the problem is on your end... not with the 64bit software. Telling Nat to not be an arse deserves an apology.

Bob Reed

Quote from: Garys on September 15, 2017, 10:44:11 PM
Sorry, the problem is on your end... not with the 64bit software. Telling Nat to not be an arse deserves an apology.

Then he should not be one. He could have stated his opinion without being an ass... No aplogy .... I know what I saw and I know what was going on... Not on my end. Take a search on the internet, I am not the only one it happens to.

Garys

And 90% of the time its caused by an addon that has been installed that doesnt have a V4 installer. Is this a clean version of V4 with no addons installed?

Bob Reed

Quote from: Garys on September 15, 2017, 11:04:14 PM
And 90% of the time its caused by an addon that has been installed that doesnt have a V4 installer. Is this a clean version of V4 with no addons installed?

Stock install. Sliders set to default. And thank you  :)

Bob Reed

Quote from: Bob Reed on September 15, 2017, 11:05:35 PM
Quote from: Garys on September 15, 2017, 11:04:14 PM

Stock install. Sliders set to default. And thank you  :)

Oh wait, I do have the 64bit Project Magenta 737-800 installed.

Garys

Do you also have the V4 Hotfix installed. (Recent downloads have the hotfix already)

Nat Crea

QuoteThen he should not be one. He could have stated his opinion without being an ass... No aplogy .... I know what I saw and I know what was going on... Not on my end.

Gary...I would expect no other response honestly.

Nat

mgovernali

Quote from: Garys on September 15, 2017, 11:27:03 PM
Do you also have the V4 Hotfix installed. (Recent downloads have the hotfix already)
How are you Gary!! we got get together sometimes so you can see my 2 beamer setup!! Question, did you switch to P3D-64 yet? I am waiting for you to tell  me how you like it before I take the plunge. lol!! Marco.

James twomey

Hello Gentlemen,

So out of curiosity, after reading this post I had to try and see if I could incur the same problem.  My system is running a clean version of P3Dv4.  Using PM software on separate computers via FSUICP v5 wide client machines.  Using PM 64 bit v4 model and airfile. Oh and also I am using AS16 latest release for 64 bit P3Dv4.

Now, my first flight was from KMIA to KSEA and was run pretty well.  Then I did a quick turn from KSEA to KLAS ( without restarting the main FS computer ).  About 45 minutes into the flight, I DID get the white screen of shame. I quickly then pulled up the memory screen and saw that I had indeed exceeded 4 gig of RAM out of 16 gig available.

So what does this mean???? No clue from this guy....   But I had hoped that I would be able to operate a 737ng plane using my PM suite on client computers without a crash like we got in the other version.  Now if I keep my flight under a few hours, it seems to run just fine.  Be interesting to see how this platform develops though.

James

mgovernali

What I think it means, they are going to release fixes and service packs soon. That is why I haven't switched yet. I have been in the computer service and sales industry for 30 years now, one thing I have learned for sure is, never jump into something the moment it is released. Marco

Bob Reed

Quote from: mgovernali on September 18, 2017, 12:18:41 PM
What I think it means, they are going to release fixes and service packs soon. That is why I haven't switched yet. I have been in the computer service and sales industry for 30 years now, one thing I have learned for sure is, never jump into something the moment it is released. Marco

I too have been in the computer "field/industry" for years and I agree with what you say! I was just to a point in my sim where if I was going to switch it made sense. I am looking forward to an update. I have my own theory about what is going on but I will keep it to myself and I am sure they will fix it. Was just frustrated after a long flight to have it crash before I could land. So my suggestion is look out when on long flights.

Ridgenj

Bob Reed

Quote from: Ridgenj on September 21, 2017, 04:50:09 PM
For those who a crash, here is the reason is the last Win10 UPDATE.

http://www.simflight.de/2017/09/19/p3d-nutzer-vorsicht-vor-microsoft-update-kb4038788/

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667

I am running windows 7. Did not crash today but they where 2 shorter flights. I did not get the crash often in the 32 bit version either.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate