Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 01:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 171
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Keep losing both engines and all power. Help

Started by mdavenport, November 06, 2018, 11:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdavenport

I have had issues with my last 2 flights in that at random times the aircraft loses all power and both engines cutout. The aircraft goes simply on to battery power. I don't have failures setup in prosim.

I can get the engines restarted by starting the APU and go onto its buses. Then putting the throttle fuel levers to cutoff, switching overhead to FLT and allowing windmill start by getting N2 rotation then reintroducing the fuel.

This happened this evening and once the other day when I flew.

At the different times it happened I haven't being doing anything in particular. One time I was tuning a heading on the MCP. The other time was working in the CDU and the final time was 400 ft from the runway so was just getting ready to disconnect AP and fly in manually.

I have a FlyEngravity MIP with CP flight pro MCP+EFIS, Sismo Overhead and pedestal running scripts, jetmax TQ, FDS MX CDU, Simujabs Yoke.

I'm running windows 7, P3d 4 (latest version), prosim 2.03.

What can this be?
How do I debug it?
Could it be a hardware failure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navymustang

I would check the input debugger log and see if there is a fuel cutoff or other similar input being made that shuts them down. Could be a loose connection somewhere that randomly makes and then sends the input to Prosim.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

mdavenport

Well I've now done 3 flights and not had it reoccur..  The only thing I did was to disable P3D voice control in the prepar3d.cfg file as I was testing this...

Will continue to monitor..

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate